Last Updated: 28th November, 2016
Collection of Information: We aim to collect, use and disclose only such information as is required to enable us to manage your account, to provide the Services, to maintain our customer/visitor lists, to respond to your inquiries or provide feedback, for identification and authentication purposes, for service improvement, to obtain and maintain insurance, and in order to facilitate the investigation, settlement and/or resolution of insurance claims inquiries or investigations. We will maintain the confidentiality of any contact information you provide to us on signing up for our Services or contacting us with questions or for further information and we will use it only for the purposes for which we have collected it (subject to the exclusions and disclosures we have listed below), unless you agree that we may disclose it to other third parties.
“Personal Information” is personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, e-mail address, credit card information, birth date and gender. At the time of collection, we will clearly identify the information being collected and the purposes for which it will be used. It is always your choice whether or not to provide Personal Information but if you choose not to provide certain requested Personal Information, in some instances you may not be able to register to use the Website, App or Services or be able to access them at all. In other instances, your choice not to provide certain other Personal Information may mean that you will not be able to use certain features of the Website, App or Services. We may collect Personal Information in respect of the Website, App or Services through registration processes; communications with you; information downloads; service use; purchases; user support; and surveys.
“Non-Personal Information” is information of an anonymous nature, such as an Internet Protocol Address (IP Address), the domain used to access the Website, App or Services, and the type and version of browser or operating system being used by visitors to access the Website, App or Services. Aggregate information, such as statistical vehicle transit times, traffic patterns, statistical vehicle location or route data, demographic statistics of our users (e.g. average age or geographical location of our users), number of visitors, what pages users access or visit, and average time spent on the Website, App or Services is not considered Personal Information. Similarly, business contact information such as the name, title, business address, e-mail address, or telephone number of a business or professional person or an employee of an organization is not considered Personal Information.
Use of Information: We collect information for the following purposes:
- Referrals: If you refer a friend to our Services, we will ask you for your friend’s name and their email address, mobile number or social media account. We will use this information to send a single email, SMS or social media message to any friends you invite to use our Services. If your friend does not register to use our Services, we will delete their contact information.
- Driver Information: Drivers will be required to provide us with personal information including their full name, vehicle make and model, license plate, vehicle registration, driver’s license and proof of insurance. We may use this information for verification purposes including to perform background checks by us or third parties. Riders will be able to view the first name, photo, type of vehicle and license plate of Drivers assigned to them. We may use this information for business purposes, including for marketing, lead generation, service development and improvement, analytics, industry and market research, obtaining and maintaining insurance, and such other purposes consistent with RideCo’s and its affiliate’s legitimate business needs.
- Driver Location Information: We will collect vehicle location data through a mobile application registered to the Driver. If you are a Driver, you expressly consent to RideCo’s use of vehicle location data for business purposes, including for communicating the vehicle location to Riders, for vehicle routing, estimating transit times, for making adjustments to ride-share itineraries, for evaluating your adherence to the scheduled itinerary, to assess your performance, to enhance our Services, to facilitate the investigation, settlement and/or resolution of insurance claims inquiries or investigations, and other such purposes consistent with RideCo’s and its affiliate’s legitimate business needs. Accordingly you (as a Driver) agree that (a) RideCo (including all of its successors and assigns and any successors and assigns of any of the RideCo Offerings) may freely use, reproduce, license, distribute, and otherwise commercialize aggregate, non-personal driver location information in any RideCo Offerings, and (d) you are not entitled to receive any compensation or re-imbursement of any kind from RideCo for use of said driver location information.
- Marketing Communications: If you opt-in to receive marketing communications from us, we will keep you up to date on our products and services. You may withdraw your consent to receiving marketing communications from us at any time by following the opt-out instructions in each communication.
- Sharing Features: If you use any third-party platforms that we support such as Facebook or Twitter to share content such as a promo code, such content will be publicly available and searchable on the Internet.
- Posts and Comments: If you choose to publish a post or a comment on our Facebook page, your username, profile photo and the content of your post or comment will be made publicly available on the Website or the App.
- Driver-Rider Communications: Drivers have the ability to call you or send messages to you through the Services in connection with an upcoming ride you may have booked. This information is made available to the Driver immediately prior to your pick-up in order to facilitate your pick up in a timely and convenient manner.
- Statistics: We also collect statistics about use of the Services for example how frequently you use our Services, the average length of rides you take using our Services, the routes that are taken, and how many people you typically share a ride with. We aggregate such information about our users to create analytics including predictive analytics such as traffic usage and route usage patterns. Aggregate statistics that do not personally identify an individual will be kept by us and may be made available to other members or third parties or publicly. We may disclose and display aggregated, de-identified data publicly, for example, to show our usage trends.
- Incidents and Insurance Claims: We will collect and disclose your information, which will include your Personal Information and Non-Personal Information, to insurance companies and to any party that is directly involved in an insurance claims situation which involves or which the party reasonably believes involves the transportation of paying passengers, to facilitate the investigation, settlement and/or resolution of the claims inquiry or investigation. Such information will include your name, address, phone number and email. Such information will also include, but not be limited to, other information collected by us that is relevant to the insurance claim inquiry or investigation, such as your location at the time of the incident or accident and the status of the App at the time of and in the 12 hour period prior to and following the incident or accident.
- System Logs & Cookies: Cookies are used by us to track content usage and traffic on the Website and App. A cookie is a feature of your web browser that consists of a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web server. Cookies help us compile aggregate statistics about usage of this Website and App, such as how many users visit the Website, how long users spend viewing the Website, and what pages are viewed most often. This information is used to improve the content of the Website and App. You can set your browser to notify you when you are sent a cookie. This gives you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. If you disable cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of all the features of the Website, App or Services. Your IP address is reported by your web browser whenever you visit a page on the Website. This information is recorded together with your registration information on our databases.
- Third-Party Links: The Website and App may contain links to other third-party websites that are not owned or controlled by us. Such third-party websites are governed by the terms and conditions and privacy policies of such third-party providers and we are not involved in any interaction or transaction between you and such third-parties.
All payments shall be facilitated through Braintree, a division of PayPal, Inc., our third-party payment processing service.
From time to time we may employ third parties to help us improve the Website, App and/or the Services. These third parties may have limited access to databases of user information solely for the purpose of helping us to improve the Website, App and/or the Services and they will be subject to contractual restrictions prohibiting them from using the information about our members for any other purpose.
Important Exceptions: We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your consent if we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other Website or App members, other users of the Services, or anyone else (including the rights or property of anyone else) that could be harmed by such activities. We may disclose Personal Information when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is required by and in accordance with the law.
Security: The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We use commercially reasonable efforts to store and maintain your Personal Information in a secure environment. We take technical, contractual, administrative, and physical security steps designed to protect Personal Information that you provide to us. We have implemented procedures designed to limit the dissemination of your Personal Information to only such designated staff as are reasonably necessary to carry out the stated purposes we have communicated to you.
You are also responsible for helping to protect the security of your Personal Information. For instance, never give out your email account information or your password for the Services to third parties.
Access and Accuracy: You have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you in order to verify the Personal Information we have collected in respect to you and to have a general account of our uses of that information. Upon receipt of your written request, we will provide you with a copy of your Personal Information although in certain limited circumstances, we may not be able to make all relevant information available to you such as where that information also pertains to another user. In such circumstances we will provide reasons for the denial to you upon request. We will endeavor to deal with all requests for access and modifications in a timely manner.
We will make every reasonable effort to keep your Personal Information accurate and up-to-date, and we will provide you with mechanisms to update, correct, delete or add to your Personal Information as appropriate. As appropriate, this amended Personal Information will be transmitted to those parties to which we are permitted to disclose your information. Having accurate Personal Information about you enables us to give you the best possible service.
Contact Us: You can help by keeping us informed of any changes such as a change of address or telephone number. If you would like to access your information, if you have any questions, comments or suggestions of if you find any errors in our information about you, please contact us by e-mailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org